Saturday, March 16, 2013

Oldest UFO becomes a real quilt.

I finished an old UFO....I searched around to figure out just how old it is and I believe it is from 2003/04.
 It is done.  This is a Round Robin quilt. I did the centre, and the three dark slab style
borders.  I found  more of the fabric used in centre, and used it for the backing. I also found some of the pink from the centre and used it, in a two coloured binding.  I love two coloured bindings and,surprisingly simple to make.  BUT the stupid backing fabric bled. Well the fabric isn't stupid, it's the person who assumed the fabric was washed.  You know the village idiot. It's washed now!  I will wash it once, using  colour catchers, and am hoping one more time will eliminate the faint spots left.  If not I may dye the whole thing.
Happy Quilting,
gudrun

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to finish up something like an old UFO. Good work. And it's a very nice quilt, the blues and white work well together.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.