Monday, April 2, 2012

An Ugly Finish



A few years ago I made this quilt top.  It was a design exercise that failed miserably.  Can't throw it out.  So, what if I just quilt it?  And while quilting I  tried " a quilt as u go" technique for long armers.

The part hanging down was added on the machine. So  now this ugly thing is quilted.

It still wasn't getting any positive reviews in my mind.  The wool batt made it soft, the colours are engaging if you like blue....it was too long and too narrow too weird.  So What if  I cut it  and make two generous snuggle quilts one for me and one for some one else.  

Machine binding, trying out stitch #120
 Lazy girl label.
And that's what happened.
A young feller who's family had a house fire got the other half  of this.
Yeah!
Happy Monday,
gudrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.