Monday, March 16, 2009


Spring is coming.  The morning light levels in the studio are really pretty the past couple of sunny days.  It's just plain marvelous to see sun in the morning....at a time when I can appreciate it.  I am all for daylight savings.

It's still cold in the Attic, those tulips have hung in since I had my Quilting friends over for lunch, on Feb.26th.  The tulips downstairs were toast long ago.

I tried to take a picture of the Mystery Quilt I finished piecing, it was too windy to hang to photograph and the wonderful sunshine made for a pretty picture, but the quilt isn't easy to see.  I am calling the Quilt "There's Still Ice on the Bay".  Yesterday as I was driving by the Lake, I noticed how turquoise the water was, and the  rotten  'bluewhite' ice still hanging on. 

I have added borders since, and will take a better picture. The questions now are how to quilt it, and what to back it with? Muslin? Snowflakes?

On another note I want to thank Susan L. for the Kreativ Blogger award.  I have posted it and am working on filling out the requirements.  
Wishing you all some sunshine in your Monday.

gudrun


1 comment:

  1. The photo of the tulips is awesome! I love the yellow tulips with its blue shadow. The play of object and shadow is very inspiring! What a totally cool picture.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.