Sunday, January 22, 2012

Small Quilts

I have quilted a number of small quilts over the past few days. One reason for this is that I have been waiting for an order of batting since end of Dec. argh! This one is a sweet flannel;  finished in time for Christmas.
 
This has a  little Christmas panel in the centre.....nice one!
Each little block was detailed to make it look as if   pieced.  I think this may have been better with more definition, possibly a higher loft batting or two batts

This is a single block scrappy; many of the fabrics have circles and stars, that is how I quilted it, in an all over.

I took these pictures outside on a bright day, the extra reflection from the snow makes for interesting shadowing.




This is fat-quarter friendly quilt, (6 fq)  Oriental style fabrics with a large Ginkgo leaf panto

 That's it for now.... just some of what's been happening here in between all the rest of it.
My new sewing digs have been a real bonus.  I love that it is warm in the room, I have been sitting down and sewing much more often....a good thing.
Happy Sunday,
gudrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.