Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mission Complete

Once upon a time, I made a log cabin quilt for my eldest the story goes I worked late into the night before Christmas because I had made a rather gross error in calculating the # of blocks required for this quilt. Then came the January sewing room clean up time.  What to my wondering eyes did appear but all the blocks previous miscalculate. Hiding!! doh! Eight years later the blocks are a part of a tote bag (see this post)

I used a whole lot of green bits for the back.
I quilted it with a few medallions using a Circle Lord motif template, and filled  with a filigree style swirl, that I wanted to try...needs work :)) 

I added the binding while on the long arm, and stitched it down using the Horizon with the dual feed foot.
I tried a number of stitches...liked this the best.
Sunlight these days is at a premium,  so these photos don't do the quilt much justice, the colours are soft, and comfortable.
Anyway I am a happy quilter to finish my first UFO of the year.

 it aint great, 
it aint square 
it aint going to hang anywhere,
 it will make someone happy,
 heck it makes me happy!
Oh yeah this quilt was done completely by machine.  'Machine bindings' yeah!  I need to get a better fabric glue to assist with binding.  It was a successful mission.
Happy Wednesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.