Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Eldest is Ready

It's finished.   My eldest Un Finished Object (UFO)
It was started one sunny day in January 2009.
It took a decade.
Why did it take this long?  I attempted this 3D 
New York Beauty, when I was in the kindergarten area in the art of piecing. This was then, beyond my abilities.  Abilities have been acquired and skills honed.
 I made use of the cut pieces and all the fabric that was kitted with this project. Repaired a number of blocks and called it done.
 I could made it bigger. However, I couldn't do it then,  though I can do it now, I have no interest in ever doing a 3 dimensional point on anything larger then a small wall piece.
Also  the instructor for this method  was a dear friend who died in 2014, and for a while I tried to work on it but would end up spending the time remembering Jo, not working on the blocks. Not a bad thing to do. :))

I did a lot of quilting on it. Used the last bits of fabric for binding, sewed my name & date on it,  call it a finish.
 Oh my...Ugh sure need to get at finishing this deck floor.
Happy Wednesday.... hope your doing something you like,
Gudrun
ps. another empty project box

2 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely quilting on this one. Great finish. 10 years just flies by, doesnt it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the finish. Beautiful quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.