Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Lost Project



I have lost a project or two.  I have even held on to some lonely projects, hoping that some day .....well.
Here is a project brought to me a few months ago. I would suggest this project was one of those lonely ones, waiting for that some day.  I was chosen to make this lonely thing into something   :)  




There were two blocks that required finishing, both appliques.

A border was needed to even-out the sides


Three blocks required trapunto. 

I opened the blocks up while on the frame, as these blocks showed themselves to be mountainous,
once on the frame.I knew there would be
issues.  
The quilt is flat and the corners are square.  I had an opportunity to show it to a couple of friends, the feed back was positive. I hope my client is well pleased with her new quilt.


Oh yes, this is a large quilt....too big for this Qsize bed.
Happy Thursday.
gudrun








2 comments:

  1. Amazing Gudrun. You really transformed that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is an awesome quilt! Congratulations on the new granddaughter!!! They are so special! Thanks for sharing that on stashbusters - easier to reply here. Can we expect pictures of this darling girl?

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.