Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Bunch o` Butterflies

One of my readers mentioned that I haven`t been posting pictures of the quilts I have been working on. I have been working on a couple of quilts for my Guilds outreach program. I didn`t take pictures of the last one, I really don`t remember why, but that`s the story. This one has been hanging about the cupboard for a while now. It had a couple of issues. The fullness in this border.
You can see the seam created with all the extra fabric. (red pin)
A pieced polyester backing was also part of the mix, not a lot of fun. Maybe I am getting too particular.  The thing is I like to be efficient at these give away works, so when there are these issues to work around the last thing I need is to watch the back end too.....sigh.
I put two layers of batt in the centre medallion to absorb the fullness. I am guessing this was a Round Robin, there being such a variety in techniques and skill levels.

 I think someone will enjoy this little number, I adore the butterflies.
Happy Wednesday,
gudrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.