Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Big Quilts


Quilts are getting larger. Perhaps it is the pillow top mattresses, whatever the cause I just finished quilting
a 115 X 97 in. panel quilt. Client said to do as I liked but to keep it in the basic panto budget. I was unable to come up with a pantograph that I thought  would do the panels justice.  So the end result was more custom quilting...SID (stitch in the ditch) using the panel frames. I made templates of two different eagles and added those with an open meander in the open spaces.  It took a long time :)) Not in the basic panto budget but that's my problem.












Back showing the outline of one of the eagle silhouettes.



This quilt measures 100X100 inches.  It was a kit, I purchased in 2006 while visiting my Mom and Dad.
I will never purchase a full quilt kit again...I have no idea what I was thinking. I hope I can sell this one.
The purchaser will need a fondness for green.
Preferably, a fondness for Bright green!  I had to use the flash for the  quilting close up, making an
incredible difference in the pictures.  However,
it's still green.
Happy quilting
gudrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.