Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Quilts are getting larger. Perhaps it is the pillow top mattresses, whatever the cause I just finished quilting
a 115 X 97 in. panel quilt. Client said to do as I liked but to keep it in the basic panto budget. I was unable to come up with a pantograph that I thought would do the panels justice. So the end result was more custom quilting...SID (stitch in the ditch) using the panel frames. I made templates of two different eagles and added those with an open meander in the open spaces. It took a long time :)) Not in the basic panto budget but that's my problem.
Back showing the outline of one of the eagle silhouettes.
This quilt measures 100X100 inches. It was a kit, I purchased in 2006 while visiting my Mom and Dad.
The purchaser will need a fondness for green.
incredible difference in the pictures. However,
it's still green.