Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quilts Galore!


Greetings and a Happy Tuesday to ya.

Today, a little photo catch up.
There are several quilts I quilted before the Holiday season,  that I neglected to post. So dear friends and clients read on....
    The quilt on the right is a mystery quilt offered by my Guild last year. This mystery quilt was very popular, almost half the guild members
took up this challenge. The incredible thing is that  all members who signed up
complete the project.  (not necessarily quilted but piecing completed)
This picture shows two of these mystery quilts.
I enjoy looking at how the different colours work together, of course I prefer the turquoise one....good thing as it belongs to me.


This  next quilt was such a pleasure to work on in this season of white.  It is batiks
and an all over simple feathery design suited it perfectly, 

The back is a coordinating purple, thread is
a soft lilac.


The next quilt is a monster sized quilt.  It went  home to a young man, 
who no doubt will grow to need a quilt this size.
I stitched lots of spirals and random circles, assorted threads. I didn't get the entire quilt into
a photo.  I 'm thinking I was in a hurry.  There is a final solid black border that
is stitched with glow in the dark thread.




Well, enough for one day.
gudrun

2 comments:

  1. Gudrun,

    Lovely stitching and quilts ! Thanks for sharing, I have been enjoying your blog.

    Now, I have to ask, where did you get your glow in the dark thread ?

    Thanks,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I responded to Beth directly, but if anyone else wants this info,
    the glow in the dark thread I used is made by Superior Threads and is
    called NiteLite.
    g

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.