Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cat Quilt

Oh  my yes a rainy day,  two postings and another cat quilt!  This piece started out as
 a set of place mats using the bits & pieces of 'cat fabric'.
 I was scrap busting! Then along came a yard sale where several more pieces
of cat fabric jumped into my arms.
This is called 'Ode to Cats'.  I have yet to add some more to the cat silhouettes,
what more I have yet to decide.
 Recently, I was chatting about how quilts look when the sun is shining
 through them.  I love what happens. The quilting is not noticeable on most of the front,
 but on a plain portion of the back, the outline quilting shows up very nicely. This scrap
quilt took much longer then I thought it should but as I had no plan....just kept sewing, cuttingsewingcutting, and then I stopped. It needs a label. It's for sale.
Happy Wednesday,
gudrun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear from you.