Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Little hand made Quilted item


I am a machine quilter, but I do like making small things by hand. 
Here's a Kumiko Sudo style flower.
These bleeding hearts were made in memory of my Dad.   As a wee girl, he taught me how me  to see them as the ladies in bath tubs.

                                                                           Also the 2008  Guild challenge called "A Snippet of My Life", and this little memory was that.  I used the challenge fabric, but too many of my own colours. So, I didn't qualify. I like this piece. I filled in a few spots with 'found items'.  I took a piece of bamboo from our garden to keep this taut through the middle, a partial bead bracelet from a child's unfinished project is the hanging loop. Building this one was fun.
gudrun

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I love the quilting and the snippets of beads here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is absolutely lovely! I love the little beads and found objects on it; very nice touch. I enjoyed exploring your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear from you.